Tuesday 21 December 2010

Reverb 10 catch up!

------------------------------------------
Prompt: Try. What do you want to try next year? Is there something you wanted to try in 2010? What happened when you did / didn't go for it?

In 2011, I would like to try....
Singing - take some lessons
Dip my toe into the water of method acting (I can't believe I've just written that!)
Drawing and making my own cards for people (watch this space)
What I know is true is: going for it always yields amazing results.


------------------------------------------
Prompt: Beyond avoidance. What should you have done this year but didn't because you were too scared, worried, unsure, busy or otherwise deterred from doing? (Bonus: Will you do it?)


I'm not focusing so much on the word should as on the sense of whether there were any missed opportunities this year. Instead of 'should' : 'could'
I could have seen more of my mum this year. I could have introduced Nige to my gran, Julie. I could have spent more time with my sisters. 
Family is such a core part of who I am and such a major trigger of all the old insecurities that I avoid them to avoid having to deal with what gets brought up by being around them. Perhaps it's really much simpler than it sounds, and perhaps only the Love is real. I get the feeling that my family are more important to me than I let on even to myself.


------------------------------------------
Prompt: Future self. Imagine yourself five years from now. What advice would you give your current self for the year ahead? (Bonus: Write a note to yourself 10 years ago. What would you tell your younger self?)


Elloa.... in 2011, just follow your heart. You'll always know what to do and where to go. 
If you want a few tips, though, how about these?
Write, sing, dance, go to the beach, ride your bike, be with your tribe, love people, let yourself be loved, make love, meditate, listen out for Spirit, connect, surrender, have faith, let go, laugh that dirty laugh of yours, look deep into his eyes, listen, pay attention, appreciate the small things, see, allow yourself to be seen, travel, rest, and sometimes just do nothing at all. 
Breathe deep, beautiful woman. You are safe and loved.


To my little girl, I would say this.


To my 17 year old self, I would say: I've got you girl. Your path is set and you are heading heavenwards with every step you take. Loved, worthy and enough... just wait and see.
------------------------------------------

1 comment:

Julia said...

How I adore you, beautiful Elloa. I love that I get to peek into your precious heart~what a precious gift.

I want to sing too...shall we sing together?