Tuesday 7 December 2010

What if....

What if
... there was nothing to prove? And I mean nothing.


What if
... I could feel God's presence as potently when I sped around the city as I do in the Quiet Times?


What if
... I loved each person in my life - friends, landlord, enemies, colleagues, boyfriend, commuters, strangers, - as if they were a precious child of God sent especially to me that I might simply adore them?


What if
... I chose to dedicate my life to waking up? If every morning, I sat in silence, and every evening too - what then?


Would I need to quit my job, to find one that 'suited me more'?
Would I feel the same sense of urgency about wanting to live with my boyfriend?
Would I invest so much energy in how my body looks and feels?


Or would I just be free to Love?
How different would my life look, I wonder?
I wonder... What if... ?



3 comments:

Julia said...

What if...

Beautiful what if questions, my heart friend.

You know, Elloa, your comment today completely made my whole day. To know that something I wrote could have touched your sweet, tender heart, in a time that you needed it so...it just doesn't get better than that.

When I sat down this morning (after an exhausting time getting my girls off to school), I didn't know I would write a poem. I just knew I needed to sit quietly and re-center, find that quiet place. And the next thing I knew, I was writing...to you, apparently. Your comment so makes me trust my own process, my own sense of knowing what is needed.

I truly feel like I can see straight into your heart & I so love what I see. I wish I had been there beside you as you cried, just to let you know how loved & held you are.

Because you are...so so loved. And held.

You are my special angel. I'm sure of it.

xo

Nige said...

I'm right beside you Ell XXX

Brooke said...

catching up on the blogsphere after being out of town!

Such beautiful and poignant questions. Just today my dad said that someday success would be judged by the questions people asked, not the answers that they give. I think he was talking about your post. Thank you for all the what if's. I kid you not, you living your life the way you are is everything to me. It is like coming home to what is real. THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart! Again and again! Oh, congrats on getting the part! hope you can put up a video of a bit of it!