Tuesday 21 June 2011

Soul Project and Gratitude

I'm so excited!

Surrounding myself with amazing people who are saying Yes to their lives and hearts, saying thank you to - well, pretty much everything, teaching other women how to be frugal fashionistas, saying YES to my offer of being their birth partner next week (oh ****, I am scared! I'm going to be welcoming a precious babe into the world. Wow!) ... all of these things and more have my heart a flutter today. You who are around me are supporting me in ways that I can barely articulate, and things are happening behind the scenes that I can't speak of - yet.

Except to say this: I am embarking on a new chapter of my life. In fact, I've already lost sight of the shore and although I'm not using a map, I've got a compass which tells me whether I'm heading in the right direction. I am.

The phrase that has been coming up for me repeatedly is "Soul Projects", and thanks to my coaching session today, I am now beginning to put massive action into getting my first (two!) soul projects going. Waaaaaaa!

Funnily enough, the day the term Soul Projects came to mind was the day that "Soul Talks" was launched - a beautiful podcast which is set to become a smash hit series of real, honest, heartfelt, rock-your-world conversations. Jump on over here or here to have a listen, if you haven't already.

The phrase "The Soul craves release" has been with me for weeks, since Brooke (aka the goosebump inducer - her writing is truly wow, and I know that isn't even a grammatically correct sentence) wrote it to me. Well today, my soul wants to release a whole bunch of "thank you"s out into the world.

Today's gratitudes...

1. Wonderful people who I think are just great are saying yes to coming to my birthday tea party!
2. The beautiful West Sussex countryside, and especially Spithandle Lane. I love you!
3. Wiston Tea Rooms, with its wonderful array of ducks, demented roosters, trickling stream, fruit cake with cherries, raisins and almonds, and filter coffee with cream. A little piece of heaven, right here on a Tuesday afternoon.
4. Two adorable little boys - brothers - feeding the ducks at Wiston Tea Rooms. The ducks came so close, quack quack quacking. Pure delight.
5. A moment of hope and friendliness in the garden this afternoon with the neighbours.
6. Little R, peering surreptitiously through the window. I waved 'hello!', and she darted back, but curiosity got the better of her and within seconds, there she was again. I waved hello again, delighted to see her.
7. My beautiful, stylish, oh-so-comfortable Dawes Super Galaxy bicycle. *makes a strange sound: too much happiness*
8. The Brooks cherry red leather saddle on the bike. It is so comfortable. I am so grateful.
9. After a week of hiding - sunshine!
10. Qi Gong and learning how to meditate standing up.
11. The part of my mind that stuck with it this morning despite the almost uncontrollable urge to quit, get the hell out of there, move!
12. Possibility.
13. Saying 'yes' to riding my bike.
14. Mark, my careers coach, and the coaching session I had with him this morning.
15. My mighty companion... ever grateful for Nige.
16. Oh, and posh beans on toast for lunch. Mmmmm.
Beans. Spring Onion. Feta. Tamari. Yum.

What are you thankful for today?

2 comments:

Julia said...

I'm thankful for you, lovely one. I love watching your spirit take flight, what a beautiful thing to witness.

Soul Projects...I love it--can't wait to hear more.

Hugging you all the way from here-hope you can feel it.

Brooke said...

You are so very precious, Elloa. You make my heart sing!