Wednesday 22 June 2011

Grateful

It's been a really up and down day. All the more reason to practice gratitude.

I am grateful for...

1. My willingness to get out of bed this morning despite having a terrible night's sleep.
2. Twenty minutes' quiet time at the start of the day.
3. Honesty in my relationship with Nige.
4. Mike, my Chiropractor. His clinic is amazing - the service there is exceptional. It was really uncomfortable being 'adjusted' today, but i know it is good for me. Oh, and that massage chair is wonderful.
5. Nige being such a brilliant personal trainer. The session at the gym today was tough, and I felt really vulnerable, and just so thankful for Nige's way with people - I felt supported and cheered on.
6. Thank you Nige for paying for me to get a bar and a coffee afterwards.
7. Watching Williams vs. Date-Krumm. I love watching the tennis when Wimbledon is on. And Date-Krumm is one seriously inspirational lady (even though she didn't win) - she is 40 and hasn't played tennis for years, so I heard today. Wow! Next thing you know, she's playing in the finals!
8. Gorgeous food today. Rice, fish, vegetables - twice. (Pretty much like most other days, then!)
9. Nige receiving two Batman films when he was expecting just one! Watching 'Batman Begins' with him this evening was great - it's a seriously cool film.
10. Finding out that I've won a free coaching session with Alia! Wowowowoweeeee!! Alia, I can't wait!
11. Logging on here to see incredible comments from my friends.
12. Nige holding the space for me beautifully while I had a mini meltdown and was horrible to him and to myself. Nige... thank you.

On a day when massive stuff got triggered for me, when the tears flowed thick and fast, when I sank into believing that 'I am a burden', 'I have nothing to give', and 'I am not safe. My life is falling apart', it is truly incredible that I can reflect on gratitude for just a few minutes and be restored to a state of mind that is peaceful and sane.

Thank you xx

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Big hugs! You are amazing! I love how you show up here with all of you. It is to be honored.

Nige said...

You shine so brightly Ell. I love you XXX