Wednesday 5 January 2011

My First Artist's Date of the Year

I have just had 12 of the most nourishing minutes of 2011 so far - on my first artist's date with Little Ell.

Having set my intentions, I wanted to do something today to spend just a few minutes with the precious, innocent child who lives on inside me. Following my own inner guidance, I simply tuned in and asked, "What do you want to do, little one?", and the answer came back clear as a bell...

Watch Button Moon!

I find it astonishing that I am just as enraptured and overjoyed by watching 'Button Moon' as I was over 20 years ago; this tells me that the inner child is a living being who does not disappear in the mists of time. What a beautiful realization today!

I literally giggled, guffawed and howled out loud as the 27 year old woman stepped aside and watched on as the child in me returned once again to her favourite TV programme. Look out for the cross-dressing bottle and Freddy Teddy, a personal fave. Those of you who know me will realize that Ragdoll is scarily like my sister Rosie. And I love that Mrs. Spoon is much taller than Mr. Spoon - classic!

Button Moon used to fascinate me, and what fascinates me today is that I find myself having the same inquisitive, curious-minded questions and thoughts - how big are the puppets, and the set? How do they move the characters? How do they make the spaceship take off? I wish I could make my own Button Moon...

I had never watched this episode before, which thrilled me even more (especially given that it's my little sister Daisy's 20th birthday today!). If you want a few fun minutes with your inner child (or perhaps your actual child!), or perhaps to get to know me a little bit better, watch on and enjoy...

For me, it's time to go act - two months of rehearsals are over, and tonight the pantomime begins! I love this beautiful, adventurous life I lead...

3 comments:

Nige said...

Hey Ell,

Well done for taking care of little Ell. Maybe you could make your own button moon.. Here we go with the countdown ... 5,4,3,2,1.

Love ya

Nige XXX

Julia said...

I'm so happy that you are taking such good care of Little Ell...what a beautiful thing it is to nurture that precious little one.

Wrapping the whole of you up in Love.

Brooke said...

I love your committment to little Ell. It feels so right to me to become intimate with this little being, and to get in touch with a lighter playful side. This is such a huge lesson for me to just learn how to play again. I hope you have many sweet moments with her.