Friday 21 January 2011

Doubting doubt

This evening, my lesson is undoubtedly to doubt doubt.

I doubt myself, I feel ashamed.
I doubt myself, I feel afraid.
I doubt myself, I feel constricted.
I doubt myself, I am restricted.
I doubt myself, I feel unhappy.
I doubt myself, I feel quite crappy.
I doubt myself, I want to hide.
I doubt myself, I believe that I
Am not enough, am talentless too,
Because I doubt, I think this true.

But truth be told, I know it's lies,
I know that who I am is fine,
I know that I can breathe, let go,
I know because God tells me so,
I breathe in deep and see the sky,
the stars, the moon, the dark, the light,
And when the morn' comes round again,
I'll wake up and I'll call me 'friend'.

In doubting doubt, I find my home,
The place inside where all is warm,
Where softness greets me at the door,
And where my full heart doubts no more.

Just as I can write this poem in five minutes, so too can I find her within me and gently coax her to the fore... and have fun in the process! It's just art, after all - a chance to simply express without fear. And I do so love expressing myself!


4 comments:

Elloa said...

Ah, Ell... I do love you...

Love,
Ell xxx

Brooke said...

You are seriously precious. I absolutely love the comment to yourself! I love your poem as a way of reminding you of your preciousness.

Ah, this wave of doubt that creeps in to crash the party--it takes so much focus to consciously choose to lean into the love, and trust that the little raincloud is part of it. It's exhausting!!! but so worth it, don't you think.

Julia said...

You're so damn beautiful! And this poem and doubting doubt...I love it.

"In doubting doubt, I find my home"

Yes! To being home together, having a cup of tea & being free, free, free of doubt. And full, full, full of Love.

You express yourself beautifully, my lovely friend.

Nige said...

Ah, ELL.. I do love you...

Love Nige xxx

P.s Your beautiful poem moved me to tears