Friday 4 February 2011

Just a little check in on where I'm at...

Every once in a while, I just like to check in with myself about where I'm at. In coaching terms, this has a specific name, such as the "30,000 feet view", but for me, it's just a natural urge that ebbs and flows, surfacing once every so often and then settling again like sand in a churny sea.

Life is changing. Well, when isn't it changing?! It's always changing!

I'm being promoted at work, which is scary and wonderful and pressurised and an opportunity to play and learn and grow.

Nige and I both know that the time has come for us to move in together, and this is scary and wonderful and a beautiful opportunity to play and learn and grow.

Rehearsals are well underway for Annie, and it's scary and wonderful and... well, you get the picture.

What's felt challenging recently has mostly centred around me transitioning back into full-time work. I haven't worked full time in a 9-5 for quite some time. My last full-time role was in a care home, so although the shift work was exhausting, finishing some days at 11pm and returning to work at 7.30am, I also had the benefit of either starting at 2.30pm or finishing at 3pm.

Working full-time is hard! Who on earth invented a 40 hour work week? Were they clinically insane?! It just seems so unnatural to me to sit in a chair facing a computer for that many hours a week, no matter how much you love what you're doing.

I'll be honest - I haven't wanted to come online again once I've arrived home in the evening. I've felt depleted, angry and a little bit desperate at times, experiencing a very old, very familiar sense of trappedness and stress. Doing a clearing last night with Nige was really helpful in reminding me that the feelings, the tension and the perspective are not fixed, immovable experiences; with a change of mind comes a change of experience, and a sudden rush of nourishing wellness and a sense of expansiveness. Suddenly, I can breathe again.... ahhhhhh.

And tonight? I've read emails (all 125 of them!). I've replied where my heart has spoken. I've spoken to a girlfriend on the phone. I've reached out to someone who's struggling. I've heard my beloved's heart as he shared on the phone to me. I've committed to connecting with a local community meetup. The result? I feel connected.

And that is the most lovely feeling of them all....

Life is simple when I remember that only the love is real in any situation, and all I need to do is look for and answer the call to Love. Happy weekending!

2 comments:

Julia said...

My dear friend...your heart speaks directly to mine.

"Life is simple when I remember that only the love is real in any situation"

How amazing would life be if we could only just remember these few so very true words?

Only the love is real. Only the love is real. Elloa = love. Yes.
Julia loves Elloa. Yes.

Keep breathing & seeing the love, my friend.

Brooke said...

So good to hear from you! Wanted to thank you for your sweet comment too!

It exhausts me to think of you working that much, but I know that somehow it is all a gift. And the most beautiful thing is that you are connecting and focusing into the truth, that only love is real, and your life is showing up accordingly. So it is sure that your work, whether it stays the same or changes, will begin to feel like the rest of your connected life. Sending love, dear friend.