Monday 7 February 2011

Breaking the Rules...

Julia at Painted Path just wrote the most beautiful blog. I have decided to actually answer the questions she posed...

What would you create/do today

if there were no rules?
I would use clashing colours, dance in the middle of the street and take a two hour lunch all for myself.

if you couldn't screw up?
I would say to my boss, "ah jeez, I f**ked up! How cool am I?!"

if you/it didn't have to be good?
I'd let my tummy be bloated, because today it wants to be, and me tensing up and trying to hold it all in isn't helping!

if you weren't worried about what others would think?
Then I would sing my heart out in rehearsals tonight and be as outrageous as I feel.

if you weren't afraid?
I'd be so excited that my beloved and I are going to look at a flat tomorrow afternoon!

if you felt the fear and did it anyway?
I would say fuck it and just love everyone with abandon. Yippee!

if there was no one to impress?
Boy oh boy! Then I would look my boss right in the eye and admit that I made a mistake. I would work according to MY own pace, timing and sense of what is right. I would relax at work. I'd take breaks! I'd land back in my body and mind, and I'd pick up the conversation with the One Who Really Matters....

if there were no shoulds?
No shoulds.... Maybe I'd just spend a day playing instead of working...

if you didn't need to know what comes next?
I wouldn't worry about whether I will be able to pay the rent, or whether I'll need to go running to mum for some cash, and I'd step back and marvel in the beauty of this ever-unfolding life, remembering that when he or I is on my death bed, only the love will matter.

if you weren't afraid to be free?
I would give myself the gift of a big adventurous adventure somewhere amazing...

if you listened to that little whisper?
I would.... r-e-l-a-x... ahhhhhh... I'm listening and it's telling me how lovely I am.... ah.......... bliss....... I am perfect.

if you couldn't fail?
What's fail? No comprende..

if you trusted the process?  If you trusted yourself?
I'd be in this place, remembering that I and everything are one and perfect and just.... right.

if you followed the joy?
I'd make a GOD CD and listen to it in the car and sing and celebrate this beautiful life.

if you simply let yourself begin?
I would SMILE and smell my lovely new scented candle...


Ah.... this has made ALL the difference (and the candle smells lovely! Sweet bergamot, in case you were wondering)

Thank you Julia... your words have grounded me, utterly transformed my day...


3 comments:

Julia said...

OH MY GOSH! I love that you actually answered these questions and so beautifully! I think I need to do the same...thank you for inspiring me. Yes..I will answer them and will have to link to your blog if that's okay with you.

So glad your day was transformed! You've totally transformed my night!

Love & more Love.

Brooke said...

Such a wonderful,empowering, energizing post! Yipee is right!!!! Thank you!

Nige said...

I love this post Ell. You are reinventing yourself in every moment and it's beautiful to witness.

Love Nige.

P.S Julia - your a legend!