Tuesday 20 September 2011

Still forgiving, 20 days in

A week spent away from computers, away from home, amongst hills, paths, fells and villages with a bike and a mighty companion for company have provided me with so many opportunities for forgiveness.

Every day of this project, Nige and I have spoken about, and (hopefully!) practiced forgiveness. The journey is far from over. With ten more days to go, there is much to be said, and a lifetime of forgiving is unfolding before me.

Today, however, I am called to write elsewhere. I have an interview tomorrow for a writing job and am going to visit my beautiful friend and her beautiful daughter after that, so once again it may be a couple of days until I can pour upon the page. There is so much that I long to share with you, so much that matters to me, so much that I have tasted in the last week of my life.

But perhaps, for now, I am simply asked to continue focusing on forgiveness, and trusting that all that needs to be said, shared and heard will be, at just the right moment.

Until then, know this...


"Forget not that the healing of God's Son [children] is all the world is for. That is the only purpose the Holy Spirit sees in it, and thus the only one it has."

May the hush of heaven hold your heart today, and may your day be full of purpose, love, and connection.

xxx

2 comments:

Julia said...

Beautiful Elloa,

I so appreciate you & treasure our connection.

"trusting that all that needs to be said, shared and heard will be, at just the right moment."

Here's to trusting, something I'm really working on doing right now.

All in perfect time.

Loving you so,

Julia

Brooke said...

So beautiful. I continue to feel so supported by your unwavering commitment to love. You are an angel.