Tuesday 6 December 2011

Blog of the year

Dec 5: Blog Find of the Year (Inspired by Gwen Bell): Share the love — which blog did you discover this year?


I discovered - although I can't recall quite how - and subsequently completely fell in love (and, let me be honest, envy) with Goddess Leonie's Goddess Guidebook.


This blog has everything that I love - eccentricity, colour, beauty, love, support, creativity, bundles of fun, and the most gorgeous little creature in the form of Leonie's gorgeous daughter Ostara (who is hilarious!)


You know, the thing about discovering something I love though is also watching that part of my mind which goes to a place of envy or jealousy. I can practically hear the whingeing in my head. A wise friend once guided me to look at jealousy as a roadmap indicating where I possibly want to go, rather than letting it simply eat away at me inside, which it does if left untended to. It starts to fester and turn icky, making me a not very nice person and really not in touch with the beauty of my life.


My personal growth quandary aside, her blog is amazing - she writes about meditation, spirituality, mamahood, soulful business, healing, and creativity. In fact, she's one of the most ridiculously prolific creators i've come across. I am in awe of her. Head on over and check her out!

Dec 6: Local Love: Tell us about a local business you discovered this year. What makes them stand out from the crowd?


Moving to lovely Steyning this year was not at all influenced by the presence of one of the best tea rooms in West Sussex at the top of the high street. Oh no; I was and am completely immune to its quaint charm, delicious savoury cream teas (cheese and apple scones, yum), great coffee, wonderful Assam, cute cute cute nick knacks available to purchase, beverages served in china teapots and crockery, and the brand new vintage shop upstairs. Doesn't get me excited at all. 


*Seriously though, this place is just gorgeous! Check it out here while I await permission to use a lovely photograph of it.*


Heaven has heart-shaped scones and tea in it. Definitely.

1 comment:

trees and what not said...

you are very welcome to use my photography x