Wednesday 2 November 2011

Wow - I am a writer!

For when it is quite, quite nothing, then it is everything.
When I am trodden quite out, quite, quite out,
every vestige gone, then I am here
risen and setting my foot on another world
risen, accomplishing a resurrection
risen, not born again, but risen, body the same as before, 
new beyond knowledge of newness, alive beyond life,
proud beyond inkling or furthest conception of pride,
living where life was never yet dreamed of, not hinted at,
here, in the other world, still terrestrial
myself, the same as before, yet unaccountably new.
D.H. Lawrence

Recently, I have gone through a crisis; I have been trodden quite out, quite, quite out. I am just emerging from it, still feeling delicate.

And somehow, Spirit knew that it would be healing for me to write about it, and an angel in the form of Hattie B invited me to guest post over at People Like Us - published today.

Today, I have also been published over at SABBSLondon.com.

Oh, and I edit and put together and write for The Ripple every quarter. I love this magazine!

Other writing-y things are happening without me even trying to 'make' them happen - proofreading and copy editing not one but perhaps two books, and a possible job in a bookshop even! I have plans to interview local actors for the Theatre Company I'm part of, and somewhere in the depths of my being (dare I say this?) I think (whispering) that there might be a book in me. Yes! A whole book!

So, six months after leaving a full-time job and setting an intention to get paid to write... things are happening. For a while, it looked pretty bleak and I became almost paralysed with fear. Keep stepping forward, one step at a time, I heard again and again in myriad forms. Today, just for this one beautiful day, it's as if my life is knocking on my forehead and saying to me, "Wake up Ell - you already are a writer. See! I'll show you!"

My new playbook. Mmmmm!
Also notice the gorgeous scarf in the background
- a gift from two beautiful friends who stayed last week.

I am so immensely grateful.

What is it that you dream of being? 
Where are you already living that in your life? 
How can you bring just ten minutes of that dream life to life today?

2 comments:

Julia said...

I'm deeply grateful for you, Elloa--truly, I am. I am in awe of all the beauty you are creating--such a beautiful thing to witness.

Thank you for your support/words of encouragement/love/friendship. I treasure you so.

With love,

Julia

Brooke said...

Yes, you are! Elloa, I think you are whatever your heart desires, and whatever light you want to shine on the world. It is so clear to me that you are moving into such a magical place in life--becoming the love changes everything. Thank you for sharing the heart of you, and for your love, always so bravely and willingly extended!