Saturday 1 October 2011

Screw Work, Let's Play

October is a big month for me. I am doing the Screw Work Let's Play 30 day challenge (hopefully continuing to forgive along the way!).

I will be uploading my progress from the challenge to this space, because I love this space, and because I know that my commitment is really going to be elsewhere.

All I can say, one day in, is that this challenge is frikkin' powerful. Deeply, deeply powerful.

May the miracles unfold...


My project is:
Starting a fortnightly women's circle in Steyning, West Sussex. The circle will be a place for women to come and share stories, express themselves in a brilliant variety of ways, sing, drum, play, dance, laugh, cry, weave dreams, and step into their magnificence.
On the 30 October at 5pm I will be sharing the following with the community as the output of my project:
I will have run my first women's circle (on October 18th - the room is booked!) and will be preparing for the second circle on November 1st. I'll write about the evening, including photos where appropriate, and will publish this on my blog and on this site. If the circle has covered my costs and generated my first playcheque, I will joyfully photograph it for you!
What excites me the most about this project is...
Stepping into my magnificence as I create a space for women to step into theirs. When women gather together, miracles happen. That I could be the conduit of that process is so, so exciting for me.
I am also excited at the picture I have in my mind of the kind of space the circle will be and of the atmosphere I envision for it. I intend to hold an amazing space for these everyday Goddesses.
What scares me the most about this project is...
Stepping into my magnificence. Excitement and fear are so closely intertwined for me. Specifically, inviting people to come along to the circle (inviting, not selling!) and the projected image in my mind of whether I'll be 'up to the job' of holding the space on the night and whether I'll 'perform' and 'be good enough' (thank you, Top Dog. Now get lost!)
I hereby commit to the 30 Day Challenge pledge because... 
I am ready to answer the call in my heart to step into leadership and take the action necessary to bring my dreams to life. It is time to shine!
Love,
Elloa xx

Messy Creative desk

Me, very excited, with almost finished flyers
Homemade flyers

1 comment:

Julia said...

!!!!!

Oh, Elloa! I'm celebrating over here, just so super happy for you. I wish I could be in your circle--it is sure to be magically sacred because YOU are there. It will be absolutely beautiful, I can see it.

It warms my heart to see you step fully in to the power of YOU!

YIPPEE and cheers! And so much love.