Thursday 26 May 2011

Gratitudes

So often, I start things and don't see them through to completion. I become so enthused, motivated and inspired; inevitably, that enthusiasm dwindles and wanes like the moon after it's glowed full and bright in the night sky.

Well today, I am refusing to accept that I am just a flake. I am practising gratitude in my life, and my commitment to that is reflected in me showing up here to share my gratitude with you, dear reader.

Today, I am grateful for/that:
1. My beautiful flat which I share with Nige. It's so quiet, and spacious, and I can truly rest and revive here.
2. The stunning lilies, tiger lilies and other flowers that I was given by my father, my friend and an acting companion after performing in 'Annie' last week.
3. A fridge full of lusciously healthy food. (I had a great picture but the server has 'rejected' it multiple times! So sorry, no photos today).
4. Delicious breakfast with Nige - oat groats, goat's milk, apricots, berries, pumpkin seeds, honey, raisins. So delicious and nourishing.
5. The 'Home Fix' guy who came round today to fix our leaking water tank. Hooray!
6. Helping Nige get clear on what he needs to do in order to prepare for his Level 2 Exam to become an accredited Personal Trainer.
7. The unexpected piece of work (and money!) that came simply from helping a lady in the theatre company with navigating her iPad.
8. The women in my life: Julia, Brooke, Holly, Laura, my sisters, Claire B., Claire M., Liz - you all teach me magnificent lessons about womanhood and femininity.
9. "Women, Food and God" by Geneen Roth. This book is deep and challenging and I'm diving into it with discomfort, gratitude and a huge sigh of relief.
10. The wonderful 27 mile bike ride yesterday with Nige - (my) grumpiness and all.
11. The wonderful church at Warminghurst that is no longer used for worship but that is visited by people from near and far and which stands quietly on the top of a hill overlooking West Sussex.
12. Our oh-so-comfortable bed and the first good night's sleep in ages, which I had last night.
13. The Groupon deal - £34 for four chiropractic sessions. Oh boy, how I need this right now.
14. The Quiet Voice in meditation this morning guiding me to simply write this list, focus on gratitude and trust It. I'm listening...
15. Twenty minutes meditation in the morning and the mighty companion I have in Nige, gently yet firmly reminding me to take time each day to be with God.
16. Marianne Williamson's book "Everyday Grace".
17. Our lovely neighbours! I actually know the people I live in close proximity to, and each of them is a marvellous human being in their own right.
18. Words - phalanges, metatarsals, donkey, supercilious... I love words.
19. The irrepressible birdsong that continues all day, every day, come wind, rain or shine. Being able to look at the birds in the trees, on the ground and flying through the air is such a heart-softening gift.
20. My breath. I can breathe in, and out. I can choose to pause and breathe deeply, and remember each time that I do this that I am safe in this moment, that I am held and present and enough.
21. My already too wonderful for words Career Coach, Mark. I am so grateful to have stumbled upon his website and to have been met already with insight, respect and wisdom. Our first session together is tomorrow. I will meditate before, pray during and after, and breathe deeply. I trust that this process is indeed sacred and I have been guided to work with just the right person for me.

Amen! x

2 comments:

Julia said...

Such a blessing you are, my friend. I love your list, so much beauty here--always so much to say thank you for. It's such a treat to be on the receiving end of your words.

Dear Elloa,

Thank you for you.

With love,

Julia

Brooke said...

So beautiful, Elloa. The essence of you is just so precious, wise, sweet and inpsiring.

Thank you, friend.xo

(and thanks for your heartfelt and meaninful comments chez moi)